Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Money Mistakes and Ways to Save More

We've all asked the question at one time or another- "Which and how much should take priority at a certain time, saving or paying down debt?" With that usually comes the questions of investing and in what should we invest. At the moment, I'm not going to address that question, because it appears no one at the moment really can give you any reasonably sound advice as to where to put your money with the erratic stock exchange. It seems to be a guessing game at the moment. So we're just going to look at money in hand right now.

Here is a good article about 10 Common Money Mistakes.

We're also always looking for ways to save and spend less money. Some of these tips may come too late for this Christmas shopping season, but you may want to keep them in mind for the new year. I try to pick up Christmas presents sporadically through the year when I see something that would be perfect for a relative, and it doesn't hurt that it is on sale or clearance at the time. You've also probably heard that certain types of items are on sale during specific months of the year, as well. And, of course, there are always those after Christmas sales where you even if you don't want to think about next Christmas, you can pick up your cards, wrap, and other accessories for half or a quarter of the original price. I like to do this not just to save money, but while my inventory of supplies is fresh in my head, I know that I won't be caught by surprise next Christmas and I can store these items when I put all of my Christmas items away for the year.

Here is another good article about 30 Ways to Spending Less and Saving More.

And if you are wondering what in life is free that you might already be paying for when you don't have to, I have found this neat article with some good tips as to where to go for "free checking", "free information calls", or "free scholarship search websites" at Ten Things People Buy They Should Get Free.

"A penny saved is a penny earned."

No comments:

Post a Comment